18/02/2014

Gotta Get Thru This - a study mix

This isn't a serious post, but I thought that I'd make my essay inspiration playlist into an 8tracks mix since Rose (jokingly, I think) asked me to. About once a week, I have a major essay crisis where I have to stop myself from weeping over the pile of incomprehensible texts I have to read and the only thing that can help me power through Hobbes or Levi-Strauss or Schumpeter or whomever is to listen to powerful songs such as Gotta Get Thru This ("if only I could get through this!" I cry in the library, staring blankly at the first section of Leviathan) and Get'cha Head In the Game ("gotta get'cha, get'cha head in the game" is seriously relevant when I'm spending more time staring wistfully out of the window instead of writing my essay).

So here we go! A mix of songs for when you want to feel sorry for yourself, songs to make you feel all powerful and strong (obviously why I have two Destiny's Child songs in the mix), and the last song is when you've reached the final hurdle - you have done it, you have succeeded, and now you can spin around your room shouting "FREEDOM". (I don't recommend you do this in the library because I can guarantee that the librarians won't be impressed, even if you've just tackled some horrible 17th century text, so maybe just dance around your seat for a bit.)


I was going to have the cover art feature everyone's favourite TV Smart Girl, Rory Gilmore, but I ended up picking this picture from when Marty says "college is breaking my spirit - every single day, telling me things I don't know" because that's exactly how I feel. University makes me feel ridiculously inadequate and sometimes I just need to have some cheesy songs to tell me that I will survive.
  1. Get'cha Head in the Game - Zac Efron (from High School Musical)
  2. 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
  3. (There's Gotta Be) More to Life - Stacie Orrico
  4. Tragedy - Steps
  5. Take Me Away - Christina Vidal (from Freaky Friday)
  6. Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kyle Minogue
  7. Keep On Movin' - Five
  8. Fighter - Christina Aguilera
  9. I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts (from Friends)
  10. Independent Women Part 1 - Destiny's Child
  11. Reach - S Club 7
  12. I'll Make a Man Out of You - Donny Osmond (from Mulan)
  13. Work - Iggy Azalea
  14. Gotta Get Thru This - Daniel Bedingfield
  15. Survivor - Destiny's Child
  16. Don't Rain On My Parade - Barbra Streisand
  17. Try Again - Aaliyah
  18. Chiquitita - ABBA
  19. Hold On - Wilson Phillips
  20. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
  21. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
  22. The Final Countdown - Europe
  23. Freedom '90 - George Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment